Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Cheney Shoots Whittington...

First let me say that in the last two elections, I voted the Bush/Cheney ticket.

Second, let me say that I have hunted wild quail when I was a kid on a piece of property outside Lompoc, California. we were using pellet guns and let me tell you that quail are very fast and wear super-sonic hearing aids. Until I was older, every quail that I shot (and it wasn't many) with a pellet gun was while the bird was in the bush. Dick Cheney was using a 28 gauge shotgun and let me tell you, you have to be one helluva experienced hunter to shoot quail with a 28 ga.

Apparently Whittington had shot a bird and went to retieve it. This is were I find the story hard to believe. Whittington was returning to the group and didn't "announce" himself to the group. Have you ever been in the bush hunting anything? You can easily hear someone 100 yards away walking and crunching their way through the under brush which leads me to believe that this was a "canned" hunt. They must not have been very quiet not to hear Whittington. I heard one guy today say that you almost have to kick a cage raised quail to get him to fly.

Also, Cheney said that he had drank "one" beer and that was earlier at lunch. I heard that line before on the "Cops" show when the driver can hardly stand.
I'll finish this with something my Dad sent today:

"I was listening to Al Franken this morning on the radio. He had a statistician from the Harvard school of public health on his show. They were talking about indicators of recidivism and it seems that given Cheney's history of encounters with the law, and two drunken driving convictions, he has a 88% probability of shooting someone else within six months."

No comments:

Post a Comment