Wednesday, December 6, 2006

WISH LIST PART 2

JD Allen got a kick out of the auto shotgun video and asked what is is? Well JD, after some research I found that it is called the Auto Assault-12 (AA-12) Full-Auto Shotgun manufactured by Military Police Systems, Inc. (MPS). It has a 20 round drum, but fires at a rate of 300 rds. per min. MPS is joining forces with Experimental Cartridge Company, Ltd. and Action Manufacturing Inc. to create what is now called the FRAG-12.

"There are three members of the FRAG-12 munition family: the FRAG-12 High Explosive (HE), FRAG-12 High Explosive Fragmenting Antipersonnel (HEFA, or HE-FA), and FRAG-12 High Explosive Armor-Piercing (HEAP, or HE-AP)."


I have found a few other manufactures of full auto shotguns, but the one described above is the one in the video.

I have also found that they are developing a drone helicopter equipped with the FRAG-12, called the AutoCopter Gunship. They have a video that I am trying to get of the copter doing a test fire. If I can't get it to play on here, I'll post a link.

Overall, I would say that the AA-12, and it's 20 rd. drum, would clear an alley in Ramadi fairly quickly. The FRAG-12 would have endless possibilities in warfare.

More on this later...

No comments:

Post a Comment