Saturday, June 17, 2006

CAROLINA HEAT..

I spent a good part of my youth in the Mojave Desert, Lake Mead and other places where it gets 110 everyday. I have always enjoyed the heat and sun and while my brother has a propensity to be very sensitive to Sol, I usually have the start of a good tan in May.

Here in North Carolina it gets hot (today is in the 90's), but the humidity is a real fucker. You can sit in the shade and sweat a good quart out in no time.

Well, last Fourth of July at the local street festival, they had this walk thru misting system that cooled you right down. I went thru this contraption several times not only to cool down, but to look at the construction. It is made out of of PVC and a canvas cover. It used the common sprinkler mister heads, the frame was PVC and the delivery system was PVC.

So, I intended to make a smaller version for the house. I figure $50 bucks in material at most. I'll use a tarp instead of canvas. The GPM used had to be low on the system I saw and that is important because I am on a well system. I ran the well damn near dry filling up one of those big kiddie pools like Big-D fucked around with.

I'll take some photos and send MY plans to anyone that wants a walk in cooler.

No comments:

Post a Comment